Friday, May 8, 2015

No Sugar Stir Fry

Stir fries are SO yummy and healthy, right?! Ummmm...not if you make them the way I typically make them which is with tons of sauces like soy, teryaki, etc...so since I'm trying to improve my eating habits and eat clean 85% of the time, I decided it was time to try out a clean, 21 day fix/fix extreme approved stirfry, no sauce, no sugar :) and it was GOOD!


First off, let me say that I've not made much from scratch in my day so hopefully these directions aren't too hard to follow :)

Things you'll need:
1/2 cup Quinoa (uncooked)
4 cups fresh cut up veggies (I used orange bell pepper, mushrooms, and broccoli) 
2 tsp EVOO
2 eggs scrambled 

For the seasoning (****I only used 1tbsp of this total in the recipe):
4tsp Onion Powder
2tsp Garlic Powder
1/4tsp Ground Black Pepper
1/4tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1&1/4tsp Sea Salt
1/4tsp Chili Powder

Directions:
1. In medium saucepan add1 cup water  and 1/2 cup pre-washed quinoa on medium high heat, stir occasionally (cook approx 15 minutes total)
2. Add 2 tbsp to large skillet (or wok if you prefer), turn stove to med-high heat
3. Once warm, add your 4 cups of veggies to the skillet, stir occasionally for 7 minutes
4. Scramble your 2 eggs in a cup with a fork (add a dash of milk for fluffier eggs) and add to skillet
5. Let eggs and veggies cook in skillet for another 2-3 minutes
6. Add quinoa (when finished cooking) to your skillet of veggies and eggs
7. Add 1tbsp of above seasoning and stir
8. Enjoy!

***This made enough for 2 servings***

Here I tried cooking them on half of the skillet.....

Here you can see the above method didn't really work and I just mixed it all together haha

No comments :

Post a Comment