Friday, September 5, 2014

Weekend Sabotage

You've been killing it this week so maybe it's ok to relax a little this weekend, you've earned it, right?! Welllll...maybe not....

I'm all about moderation, but splurging on weekends is sabotaging your progress more than you think! Just take a second to think back to a weekend you really let yourself go, how hard was it to get back on track on Monday? or maybe even Tuesday? 

It's TOUGH to get back on the horse after falling off over 2-3 days....consistency is the key to most aspects of life so stay consistent with your eating habits, don't go overboard, and you're going to keep on moving forward!

4 Nutrition Tips for the Weekend!
let me explain...
#1: Figure out your options first! This part is KEY to having success when going out to eat or even eating a special meal at home. Know your options, don't go in blind and look at the nutritional facts online. We live in an age where you can find out pretty much anything about any meal at any restaurant so utilize this!

#2: 2 Drink Max...call me crazy, but if 2 drinks isn't giving you that "buzz" you want, it's time to lay off the alcohol anyways. This is HUGE for your progress, it's easy to forget just how much you're consuming and without the nutritional labels on the drinks, it's tough to realize just how many precious calories are being wasted while you get wasted. 

#3 Limit the carbs (trust me I shed a tear on this one) pizza, tortillas, cakes, cookies, oh my goodness carbs galore! This is where I say eat SMARTER. Choose multigrain and wholegrain options or substitute healthier complex carbs if need be, trust me I still enjoy my pizza and tortillas, but I don't feel guilty about them when they're nutrient dense :) 

#4 Ditch the "BIG" dessert. Super sad, I know, you wanted to celebrate during your night out with some molten chocolate cake with the hot fudge and ice cream....not worth it, I promise, that sucker is going to give you a HUGE stomach ache when you're through...instead go out for some fro yo (don't go overboard on this either) or have a few pieces of dark chocolate at home waiting for you :) 

Sorry if that was too harsh, but these are some guidelines that will help you get through the weekend temptations and feel AMAZING on Monday morning! :) 

Do you have any tips that could help? Comment below and share them with us!

No comments :

Post a Comment