Sunday, March 1, 2015

DELICIOUS Ground Chicken Taco

So before I started the 21 day fix extreme my meals were pretty bland, I never knew how to use spices to make things taste better, which ones? what combos? I was clueless so I just didn't try. 

Well I'm on day 14 of the 21 day fix extreme and I've never had such delicious food and this recipe was one I loved so much I just had to share! 

What you'll need:
1 pound ground chicken (or lean ground turkey)
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp ground cumin
1/2tsp sea salt
1tsp chili powder
1tsp paprika
1/2tsp dried oregano
1/2 small onion, finely diced
1/2 green bell pepper, finely diced
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup tomato sauce, no sugar added (a bit less than an 8oz can)
1 6 inch whole wheat tortilla
1/2 cup lettuce

1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add Chicken, cook stirring frequently for approx 5 minutes, until no longer pink
2. Add garlic powder, cumin, salt, chili powder, paprika, oregano and mix well
3. Add onion and bell pepper. Stir frequently for approx 5 minutes, until onion is translucent
4. Add water and tomato sauce, stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat and cook covered for approx 12-15 minutes. 
5. Place ground chicken mixture on whole wheat tortilla, top with lettuce, and enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment